The Great Commission is a term people who follow Christ and make disciples are passionate about.
I often refer to Christ’s mandate as”our mission”. No matter how it’s labeled, It is a command that we should obey and it’s God’s Heart for The Nations:
Watch this short video about the great commission.
The Great Commission Matthew 28:16-20
“Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had appointed for them. When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted.
And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
Our mission is to observe Christ’s command to make disciples of all Nations. The imperative verb in the great commission is to “make disciples”. Going, teaching, and baptizing are important, but are not the main directives. The command is co-extensive with a promise, “I will always be with you”.
There are 3 Steps to obeying the great commission.
These 3 priorities are also the steps to simplifying complicated churches. The first two steps come from the Great Commandment:
- Love God- Jesus said, If you love me, keep my commandments. (John 14 15) A Christ follower Loves the Lord his God with all his heart, soul, mind, and strength.’ This is the first and greatest commandment And the second is like it: love your neighbor as yourself. (The Great Commandment: Matthew 22:36-40)
- Love Others- If we love God and our neighbor we will share the good news with them to save them from spending eternity in hell.
- Model (Obey) Christ- A Disciple maker models Christ. The best way to model our Lord is through obedience to Him. Christ was the first missionary who came to seek and save all that all lost. Our goal is to be like Jesus.
Since we’re both interested in the Great Commission, may I ask you the following question…
In your opinion, “How do you think the church is doing at fulfilling the great commission?”
- “How do you see your role in fulfilling the Great Commission?”
- “Do you see your role developing differently in the future?” Perhaps new Goals?
- “What do you see as obstacles to fulfilling the Great Commission”
- “How do you feel the Lord rewards those who are obedient to the Great Commission?” How have you seen God reward or bless you for your work in missions?
I’m sure God has used you and we really appreciate what you’ve done to fulfill Gods mandate to preach the Gospel to the ends of the earth but could you possibly do more?
Romans 10:14 says,
How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?
And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the Gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!”
Would you allow our family to be your feet as you partner with us through prayer and financial support?
“You can be credited with seeing souls saved and disciples made as we train leaders and plant new churches all across the Globe”
What to do Next:
Help us fulfill the great commission with a one time gift or through monthly partnership. Just use the donate button below to partner with us in reaching the lost with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
As you read our stories I’m praying that the Lord will bring to your mind others who would benefit from hearing them as well.