Ana, Cristi and I desire that you and your family experience the very best Christmas Holiday season.
Jesus gave the very best gift- eternal life. Because Jesus gave, we should also give.
Christmas is our favourite Holiday and we enjoy it even more when we are able to bless others through our giving opportunities.
You’ll want to view our compiled article Over 50 Christmas Gift Giving Tips to get even more gift giving secrets.
After a big response to my previous article called 25 Tips For Christmas Gift Giving I felt the need to continue helping others to learn how to effectively give gifts. Although we do not claim to be experts on giving, we have been blessed with some experience in this area through our missionary endeavors.
It’s no secret that giving should be the goal of Christmas, However, we could all use a little help knowing “when”, what” and especially “how” to give. That’s why you may Download The December 2012 Newsletter or read this article is titled…
12 Christmas Gift-Giving Secrets
1. Realize that “Timing” is Everything.
- Late gifts are usually bad timing decisions, early gift giving is rarely inappropriate.
- “Pay now, play later.” The longer you wait to pay, the higher the price:
- “Make hay while the sun shines – that’s smart; Go fishing during the harvest – that’s stupid.” Proverbs 10:5 (Message)
- Realize that sometimes it may not be the right time to give certain gifts.
2. Opt for the most creative gifts.
- Creative givers don’t give the obvious. They still have the same choices, the difference is, they know how to choose the best and most unique options.
- Know the difference between a “need” and a “want”. You need clothes, you want an Xbox.
3. Strive to improve relationships by giving out of love.
- That’s why it’s called “giving” Giving precedes receiving.
- Relationships are important to God, Therefore they should be important to you.
- Give to bless others, not just make your chances of receiving a nicer gift better.
- Evaluate by asking, How can I help? How can I serve? How can I add value to my friends and family.
4. Give Without “Keeping Score”.
- Competition is fine for sports, but isn’t advised when giving gifts.
- Don’t worry about rather or not someone will give you something in return.
- True love always give without expectation of return.
- Remember that Jesus gave his best…and he gave while we were yet sinners.
5. Don’t make purchases when you’re depressed.
- Many people use “shopping” as a cure for depression or boredom.
- Make your most important decisions at the height of your journey, not at its lowest level.
- When you’re at the bottom, don’t make major purchases.
6. Can’t Find That Special Gift For That Special Person? Don’t Give Up!
- Persistence is a major secret in life. That includes successful gift giving.
- Never let down and never let up.
- You want to be liked.
- You want to appear busy.
- You feel obligated.
- You want to manipulate someone.
- You want to earn God’s favor.
- You’re promoting fleshly desires such as pride and greed.
- You’re afraid to say “No”.
8. Give gifts that are “long-term”
- Flowers and candy will only last a few days.
- Even though they’re the most boring and obvious gifts, at least a tie or underwear will last a few years.
9. Realize that a gift can either be rewarding or annoying.
- Convenient or humorous gifts are not always good gifts.
- Every action has a reaction. We’re free to act, but we are not free from the consequences of our act.
- Remember this when you give a “gag gift” or re-wrap a gift someone just gave you 🙂
10 Don’t be afraid to ask for advice.
Where there is no counsel, the people fall; But in the multitude of counselors there is safety.” Proverbs 11:14
- Ask for advice from the person you’re giving the gift to, or ask that persons friends and family about what they think would be appropriate.
And most importantly, don’t forget these final Godly principles…..
11. Ask God for Wisdom
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him
12 Ask God For Peace
Christmas is a time for Peace on Earth and Peace in your heart.
Don’t let Holiday stress ruin this joyful season…
Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.
More Christmas Gift Giving Tools
Download This Article in PDF Format.
View our compiled article Over 50 Christmas Gift Giving Tips to get even more gift giving secrets.
View & download my previous popular article called “25 Tips For Christmas Gift Giving”
May Your Christmas Holiday Season Be Full of Christ Filled Joy!
Greg, Ana, & Cristi Nemer